Known issues and limitations in Instant VR v3
The following issues are known to the current version of InstantVR:
- In InstantVR v3, the priority of the controllers is not updated from the extensions priority when the inspector is in Debug Mode. This is an Unity issue which has been reported. The ordering will be corrected again when the inspector is switched back to Normal mode.
- When the Razer Hydra is not working and/or when you see the message that the sixense.dll is missing, although it is in the plugins folder, please update to version 1.0.6 of the Sixense Unity Plugin. This is a known issue with version 1.0.4 of the Sixense Unity Plugin.
- When the walking speed is extremely slow after hitting an object: make sure that a layer “MyBody” is available in “Project Settings/Tags and Layers”.
- Leg walking animation does not work when Kinect is selected for the foot targets
- Grabbed objects move through environmental objects. This is a limitation of the Unity physics engine which does not detect collisions between kinematic rigidbodies (the grabbed objects) and static objects (the environment).
I am working on a replacement physics engine for kinematic physics which I hope to release in 2015.
- Grabbed objects move through the other hand. This is also a consequence of the limitation of the Unity physics engine. In this case it is about collisions between 2 kinematic objects.
I am working on a replacement physics engine which is planned to be released in 2015
- Build with Kinect in Unity5 crash after 1-2 minutes. This is an Unity issue which has been reported.
- Kinect 360 crashes Unity on windows 32bit.
Issues and limitations solved in Instant VR v2.1.2
- Avatar rigs need to have eye bones.
Issues and limitations solved in Instant VR v2.1
- Kinect only works well with ControllerInput for BodyRotation, because you should always face the Kinect for good tracking.
Issues and limitations solved in Instant VR v2
- The avatar jumps when my hands are close to the body. This is because the hand colliders collide with the character controller collider. Either import the TagManager.asset from the package into the ProjectSettings folder of your project (only for InstantVR Advanced version 1.0.1 or higher) or set User Layer 8 to ‘Hands’ and User Layer 9 to ‘Body’ in the Edit – Project Settings – Tags and Layers menu item and make sure in the Edit – Project Settings – Physics that the combination of those two layers is disabled in the Layer Collision Matrix.
- Physical drift: while playing, the player may move away from the starting position. This consequence is that the real hands arms will no longer match the position of the virtual hand and arms. In this blog item I give a practical solution for it.
However a solution for this has the highest priority and is planned for the first mayor update of InstantVR Advanced. It will require a Kinect, Rift DK2 or STEM system