The following demo is the Grocery Store PUN demo from the InstantVR Edge package. It uses Photon/PUN networking to enable a multiplayer environment. Furthermore, it uses the advanced physics present in InstantVR Edge to enable collisions between the hands of grabbed objects with static objects like walls and other kinematic objects.
The demo supports Oculus Rift + Touch controllers and HTC Vive + SteamVR controllers. In multiplayer one can play with Rift and Vive in the same demo together.
This demo is created using InstantVR Edge version 3.6.1
The demo is based on the Grocery Store scene which contains a number of objects which can be used.
There are two versions: one for the Oculus Rift and one for the HTC Vive.
The Rift demo supports the following controllers:
- Oculus Rift
- Razer Hydra
- Leap Motion
- Microsoft Kinect 2
- Xbox controller
This demo is created using InstantVR Advanced version 3.4.6
The Vive demo supports the following controllers:
- HTC Vive (Pre or consumer version)
- Leap Motion
- Xbox controller
This demo is create using InstantVR Advanced version 3.4.6
Important! Instructions for use
- The demo is intended to be used standing up but can also be experienced sitting down.
- Ensure that you have plenty of room around you and enough available wire length while playing this demo! You can and will move around quite a bit so collisions, strangling and pulling plugs and devices are likely if this is not taken care of!
- The Hydra controllers should be at the base station at the start of the demo.
- If your eye position does not match the position of the avatar’s eyes, press both start buttons (the small buttons between the 1 and 2 buttons) on the Hydra together to recalibrate. Alternatively, the TAB button on the keyboard or the back and home buttons on the Xbox controller will also start recalibration.
- To start hand tracking with the Hydra, hold you real hand at the same position as you see you virtual hands and press the Trigger of each Hydra controller. The Trigger button is the lower button at the front of the controller.
- If the hands are not tracking at the right position with the Hydra, recalibrate by pressing both start buttons and start hand tracking again using the instruction above.
- First start by looking and moving around. You will see that the avatar will match all you movements, including stepping forward, backward and sideways.
- To change the orientation of your body using the Hydra or Vive: change the orientation of your real body! (in other words: turn around physically) Without the Hydra the looking direction will determine the direction of the body when moving.
- Grabbing using the controllers is done using the buttons:
- For the Hydra: the trigger (lower button at the front) or right mouse button will close the thumb, middle, ring and little finger. Start with just this one for grabbing. The bumper (upper button at the front) or left mouse button will close the index finger.
- For the SteamVR controllers: the grip button (the buttons on the side) control the thumb, middle, ring and little finger, the trigger will close the index finger. Objects can be picked up with either button.